Thursday, September 07, 2006

The many paths to failure for Intel - approach

I was not happy with Intel's efficiency re-structure outcome and you can see that in my posts. In my next topic I am planning to contemplate how many ways Intel can fail.

Coming soon...

-----------------------------------------

As I started to think about what I wanted to do here, I figured this is such a large topic that I don't have the complete expertise for this (specially on the technical side) so I'm going to try and make it collaborative and iterative. I'm going to kick it off (above - or else this is going to get crowded) but elevate certain comments that have strategic insight for further discussion right into the post itself. Think of it as an evolving user driven post.

Sharikou - looking forward to your input. Please surprise me by not continuing themes like "it takes 20k Conroes to feed 10k workers" and "Dell's battery woes are Intel's fault" which don't qualify as strategic. You definitely have a certain level of knowledge to dissect this topic well so I'm hoping for some great insights from you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Intel may sell off its NOR flash division or do an IPO like Spansion.
An interesting article I read:
Link
It was about AMD might sell some of its stake of Spansion when the lockup period is over by year end.

AMD owns 48.5 millions shares and SPSN at today's price of about $16, AMD will gross about $776 millions. Net amount will be less but still at a gain no doubt.